* 9 lasagna noodles
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
* 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 cups ricotta cheese
* 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
* 1(10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and spinach together seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
3. Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta mixture, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and repeat noodles, ricotta mixture chicken and sauce ending with sauce on top, Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and parsley
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
Rachel's Notes: Found several recipes on the internet kinda melded a couple together, I really liked this dish and so did the DH, Consider adding pimentos for a little color, think this is a family winner!
This is a family favorite