* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup self-rising flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in an 8x8 inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spoon this batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
3. Stir together the remaining cup of sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the batter. Slowly pour boiling water over the top of the mixture.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Serve slightly warm with ice cream.
This recipe is from Allrecipes.com
I love this cake! Rich and gooey with it's own sauce it is yummy!
This is one of the Hubby's favorite dishes.